Tahoe Donner

Tahoe Donner

Tahoe Donner is the largest subdivision in the Truckee and Lake Tahoe area and is actually one of the largest Homeowner’s Associations in California.  It is located just north of Truckee and just 5 minutes from Interstate 80.  The subdivision was originally developed in the early 70’s and really blossomed in the late 80’s and through the 90’s.  Despite its huge size, the subdivision is best known for its private feel.  The average single family home parcel is about 1/3 of an acre.  Enhancing the parcel sizes is the fact that the developer did a great job of adding greenbelt and open space throughout the subdivision to give the homes as much privacy as possible.  The development offers something for everyone.  Do you want a home with a view?  Tahoe Donner has it.  Do you want a quiet street and a lot of privacy?  Tahoe Donner has it.  Do you want sun?  Do you want trees?  Whatever you want in a mountain home, Tahoe Donner has it.  It is also centrally located to the 4 most popular North Lake Tahoe Ski Areas – Squaw Valley, Northstar, Alpine Meadows, and Sugar Bowl, and provides easy access to Downtown Truckee. 

HOMES AND CONDOS:  Homes in Tahoe Donner range in age from 40+ years old to brand new.  More than half of the homes in the subdivision were built from 1990 to present day as Truckee grew into the tourism destination it has become.  There are over 5,000 homes in the subdivision and approximately 800 condominiums.  Approximately 25% of owners are full time residents while the other 75% are second homes or rental properties.  Home prices start at $300,000 and go as high as $2 million.  Condo prices start as low as $75,000 and go as high as $600,000. 

VACANT LAND:  There are still approximately 750 vacant lots in Tahoe Donner which have not been built on.  Some of them may never be built on, as there are many people who bought side by side lots, built on one, and plan to hold the other for privacy.  There are typically 30 to 60 lots for sale in Tahoe Donner at any given time.  Currently prices start at about $75,000.  You can get a fairly flat lot on a good street for  around $200,000. 

AMENITIES:  Tahoe Donner has one of the most extensive amenity packages in the Truckee and Tahoe region.  The amenities are broken down into 2 categories.  The first category are the private amenities which only Tahoe Donner homeowners and their guests are able to use.  These amenities include an extensive Recreation Center, Tennis Center, Beach Club Marina (at Donner Lake), and the Northwoods Pool and Clubhouse.  There are also public amenities, which, as the name suggests, can be used by the public, but homeowners and their guests get significant discounts compared to the public.  These amenities include a Championship Golf Course, downhill ski area, cross country ski area, 2 restaurants, a snow play area, equestrian center, and a campground.

Here is a video highlighting the Tahoe Donner amenity package.

 

Search All Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale

Search All Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale

Search All Tahoe Donner Land for Sale